A big thank you to all of you who came out to our LWVLC Annual Meeting on April 24! Highlights included:
- We had fun honoring Lynn Young and our “retiring” Admin Team members, Mary Dietrich and Jodie Rankin.
- We elected Anne Hall and Shari Stevens to their first two-year term on Admin Team and re-upped Sandy Brooks and me to another two-year term.
- Barbara Dunn, chair of the Audit Committee and of the Budget Committee, walked us through the audit of the books for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016 and the proposed budget for our League’s fiscal year, July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018, and answered questions.
- Thanks to the efforts of Jodie Rankin, we voted to make a slight change to our ByLaws to reflect the fact that we have a paid bookkeeper (Beth Stabler).
- We voted to take all steps necessary to convert our Larimer County LWV from its current 501c-4 IRS status to a 501c-3 status. This will likely take most of the coming year to accomplish.
At the end of the evening, we were especially delighted to have fellow LWVLC member Nancy Crow – the incoming Colorado State LWV president! — as our guest speaker. Nancy set out the ambitious goals and actions national and state LWV have. What was especially gratifying was Nancy’s recognition of our League as already being hard at work, making progress toward many of those goals.
A special thank you to Linda Mahan and our Membership Team! They have welcomed 70+ new members in the past few months and have enlisted existing members to act as mentors for each new member.
Not long ago, LWVLC would go semi-dormant in the summer. No longer! Team leaders and team members are working hard – and working smart — to keep current with the rapid pace of developments in public issues at local, state and national levels.
Thank you to all our members (current and future!) for all the ways you are making democracy work!