Events and Presentations 2020-2021
Recent Speakers at Team Meetings
- Meaghan Overton, City of Fort Collins Senior Planner and her staff, spoke about the strategic plan for housing being developed by the Home2Health group.
- Jennifer DiGaiallonardo, Colorado Department of Local Affairs on Federal and State Fair Housing regulations.
- Emily Gorgol, La Familia speaking on housing initiatives and actions to protect/promote affordable housing.
- Alison Hade, Loveland’s Community Partnership Office, on affordable housing initiatives and housing issues during the pandemic.
- Kelly Evans, Neighbor to Neighbor, on the impact of Covid-19 on housing needs and the ways that N2N is helping.
- Tina Stinnet and Carrie Olenick, Shanette Sherwood, Volunteers of America, on VOA housing facilities and assistance.
- Pam Brewer, Homeward Alliance, on programs to reduce homelessness and provide supportive housing.
- Nick Francis, Partners in Climate Action and Sue McFaddin, Solaris Energy, on Metro Districts and affordable housing.
- John Kefalas, Larimer County Commissioner and Sue Beck-Ferkiss, City of FC, on mobile home parks and manufactured housing preservation and enhancement initiatives.
Annual Panel Presentations to the Public
2019: Safe Housing for Survivors of Domestic Abuse. Featuring Kelli Pryor from Crossroads, Kari Clark from Alternatives to Violence; Brittany Clay from Ft. Collins Police Dept.; and a survivor of domestic abuse. Link to video of this meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26mj3fcOWw
2018: Affordable Home Ownership? It May Be Possible! Featuring: Jared Reimer, Government Affairs Chair, Ft. Collins Board of Realtors, Managing Broker/Owner of Ascent Real Estate Professionals; Kristin Candella from Ft. Collins Habitat for Humanity; Melissa Frasure Neighbor to Neighbor; Alison Hade from Community Partnership Office in Loveland.
2017: Youth – The Hidden Homeless. Featuring: Hava Simmons, Larimer County Dept. of Human Services Children, Jerri Schmitz from Matthews House; Margaret Crespo frpm Thompson School District; Chris Nelson from Attention Homes.