LWVLC delegates: Sandy Brooks, Kay Easley, Linda Mahan, Sarah Pitts attended the national convention June 16 – 19, 2016 in Washington, DC. We will hear from them at our Ice Cream Social but here are updates from the convention to peak your interest.
Actions by Convention
- ByLaw Change approved: Voting Members are persons at least 16 years of age or older. [Formerly, had to be US citizens age 18 and older.]
- Membership dues remain $32/year through 2018.
- Concurrence: Adopted LWV-CO Behavioral Health position statement
- Concurrence: Adopted Redistricting Position statement
- Restoration of funding for CDC study on gun violence
- Statehood for people of Washington, DC
- Signing an amicus brief on Our Children’s Trust lawsuit in Oregon. Our Children’s Trust seeks to secure the legal right to a healthy atmosphere and stable climate for the benefit of all present and future generations.
- Update of White House Climate Plan