This 2016 election is making history every which way! The presidential campaign has preoccupied the media. The important Senatorial and House of Representatives campaigns are attracting a great deal of outside money. Similarly, the influx of outside money for state legislative elections may hit new highs this year.
The 2016 Ballot presents us voters with a very long and varied list of ballot issues at the state, county and local levels – perhaps the longest ballot in Colorado history. Given all these pressures, balanced information about candidates and local ballot issues are critically important to help voters make informed choices that are right for them. Get informed yourself with our online and print resources!
It is these state and local ballot issues that have the greatest impact on our everyday lives. Given that, it is in our own, individual best interest to learn about these issues and make sure we are casting an informed vote on the issues. It’s also in our community-wide best interests that we be sure that we also encourage our friends and family to inform themselves about the issues and make sure their voice is heard at the polls.
The League of Women Voters of Larimer County maintains a number of Election 2016 resources and print and online information to help you get informed, get involved, and participate in this busy election season.
2016 Ballot Issues
Ballot Issues – State of Colorado
For a full list of all 2016 General Election ballot issues and associated Blue Book information for each, visit the Colorado Secretary of State Amendments and Proposition information online.
- Amendment T – No Exception to Involuntary Servitude Prohibition (Referred to the voters by the state legislature)
- Amendment U – Exempt Certain Possessory Interests From Property Taxes (Referred to the voters by the state legislature)
- Amendment 69 – Statewide Healthcare System (Proposed Initiative #20)
- Amendment 70 – State Minimum Wage (Proposed Initiative #101)
- Amendment 71 – Requirements for Initiated Constitutional Amendments (Proposed Initiative #96)
- Amendment 72 – New Cigarette and Tobacco Taxes (Proposed Initiative #143)
- Proposition 106 – Medical Aid in Dying (Proposed Initiative #145)
- Proposition 107 – Presidential Primary Election (Proposed Initiative #140)
- Proposition 108 – Primary Elections(Proposed Initiative #98)
Ballot Issues — Larimer County
- Larimer County Broadband Services Information Ballot Issue Resolution
- Larimer County Mental Health, Detox and Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Information Ballot Issue Resolution
- Ballot Issues – Poudre School District [update coming soon]
- Ballot Issues – Thompson School District [update coming soon]
- Ballot Issues — City of Fort Collins [update coming soon]
- Ballot Issues – City of Loveland [update coming soon]
Encourage your Friends and Neighbors to Vote!
Now is the time to remind the people in your life to visit VOTE411.org to register to vote, make sure that their voter registration record is up-to-date, and learn about important voting rules and deadlines in their state. Don’t be the “missing piece”!
With your help, we’re Making Democracy Work®!