Author Bio: http://drkardaras.com/about/
- Remember our past when we didn’t have all this technology.
- Any good things with all this technology? What do you think it’s done to our attention capabilities? It is not just a problem for kids – share your own experience with technology.
- Technology and all this information at our fingertips rob children’s innocence (porn sights and violence) yet also extend their adolescence – “delayed social adulthood or failure to launch” especially the young men. Describe what you have seen with family or friends
- NBC had a news segment recently about screen time with young people. Teenagers use technology 80 x a day. How has this technology – cell phones, Facebook, texting – affected social relationships?
- Schools and technology companies say Computers, technology are the answers to solving education problems. That the benefits are faster reaction time, improved eye-hand coordination, pattern recognition, keeping children safe by keeping them inside. Do you agree students need this to be successful later in life? Is there a better age to begin technology?
- Some schools promote personalized instruction via computer programs – describe how technology could replace teachers and help students learn better? Or not, if you disagree.