As we near the end of 2016 and enjoy time with friends and family over the holidays, we have much to be grateful for. This year we are thankful for…
- Freedom of the press and freedom of speech that allow us to become informed and be advocates and allies for the causes that are important to us.
- Local opportunities to engage in thoughtful discussion about difficult issues and meaningful ways to shape the laws and policies that affect our lives.
- Friends and family who remind us the even when we disagree, we can still be civil, curious, and loving with one another.
- Elected officials who work every day to meet the needs of their constituents and make difficult decisions in balancing competing interests on a daily basis.
- The countless volunteers who keep our organization running. This includes our League of Women Voters of Larimer County members here locally AND all our brothers and sisters across the country who support democratic engagement in their own communities.
- Engaged citizens like yourselves who work with us to Make Democracy Work!
We hope that you will join us in giving thanks for all our many blessings this holiday season. We wish you thoughtful dialogue with family across the dinner table. Finally, we wish you all the best in family, work, and activism in 2017.
Opportunities to engage abound. Make it a resolution to get more involved next year and join us!